Le Miccine

Le Miccine Winery

Le Miccine

300 year old estate nestled in the hills of Gaiole in Chianti. The estate includes 13 hectares with 7 planted to vines, producing around 33,000 bottles annually. The vineyards are farmed organically and planted to: 80% Sangiovese (6 different clones) & with the remaining 20% including Malvasia Nera, Merlot, Colorino, as well as Vermentino. These vineyards are south-southwest facing & at altitudes between 360-410 meters asl. Large oak cask (nearly 5000 liter!) are preferred, yet smaller barrique-like barrels (350 liter) are also used. The wines are naturally fermented (no temperature control or automation) in stainless steel and then aged in wood for 12-24 months depending on the wine & vintage. The estate was purchased by Canadian couple Jim & Rita Cook in 2010 with their daughter Paula Papini Cook, who oversees all aspects of winery operations. She holds Italian & French Masters degrees in winemaking, worked previously at Le Nozzole in Tuscany, as well as an internship in Bordeaux. It is interesting to note that she discovered the estate’s old ‘recipe’ for winemaking from the 1960s & used that as a point of reference to develop her own style. She is assisted in the vineyards by Dr. Remigio Bordini. It is also worth noting there is beautiful lodging on the property.

Wine Vintage Pack Size Case/Bottle 10 Case/Bottle
LEMCCL14C Chianti Classico 2014 12/750 $204.00/$17.00 $183.60/$15.30
LEMCCR13C Chianti Classico Riserva 2013 12/750 $288.00/$24.00 $259.20/$21.60
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search