Castello della Paneretta
Castle walls of Paneretta
Built around an ancient lookout tower that dates back to the 13th century, Castello di Paneretta is located on the western slopes of the Elsa Valley, in Monsanto. Owned by the Albisetti family since 1984, their densely-planted, mostly old vine vineyards are planted only to Sangiovese & Canaiolo Nero, as they believe these indigenous varietals are best suited to their terroir. The farm is one of the largest in the area at approximately 309 hectares, most of which is wooded area, with about 23 hectares planted to vines. The aging program here includes using exclusively French barriques as well as larger French casks. Case production varies, yet the number is consistently around 7500 cases annually. Records of the production of wines from this property date way back to 1596!
click label for technical details